OUR VISION: alaska connected by sustainable trails
OUR mission: Building partnerships, building trails
About Alaska Trails
As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit, incorporated in the state of Alaska, we provide funding ideas and sources as well as technical assistance for on-the-ground trail related projects and programs such as development, maintenance, easement acquisition, safety, education, and more. Our supporters and partners represent a cross-section of trail user groups, businesses, government agencies, community organizations, and individuals. Alaska Trails is the only statewide group providing care for all Alaskan trails.
- Advocating for trails access, and public support.
- Building the leaders of tomorrow’s trails.
- Connecting volunteers to trails through stewardship.
- Convening trail users and trail-focused groups to share, partner, and build.
- Educating Alaskans on the value of sustainable trails.
goals at a glance
- Improved and expanded trails and trail policies for a diverse user group.
- Expand Alaska Trails capacity to grow and sustain the goals of the Alaska Trails Initiative (ATI).
- Increased use and value from Alaska’s existing trails.
- Increased or reinstated funding of existing and/or needed trails programs.
- Statewide and self-sustaining Alaska Trail Stewards program.
- Educated and empowered trail users, advocates, volunteers, workers, and land managers.